Open Houses are a key tool in the Real Estate Agent’s sales arsenal.
Sellers want to know their property is being safely managed during Open Houses and Buyers need to feel comfortable in order to attend and focus on the opportunity in front of them.
As agent it falls on us to deliver on what’s best for our clients. With the changes that have taken place across all industries in recent months, it is up to us who choose to be leaders to explore new paths and find opportunities in the New Normal.
On August 12th, 2020 the prohibition on Open Houses was lifted in Ontario and a guideline to provide for the safety of clients was provided by the Ontario ministry (I’ve attached the details below.)
SAFEAPPROACH – Virtual Line Management checks off ALL the boxes proposed for the safety of our clients and their properties. Brokerages can now provide their agents with a seamless tool to:
- Remotely Manage Customer Arrivals & Entries
- Deliver Critical Information & Instructions Ahead of Arrivals
- Collect Consent
- Prime Customers with High Impact, Content Rich Marketing Just Ahead of Arrival
- View Attendance Data for Follow Ups and Contact Tracing
Designed to be a white labelled solution so brokerages can deliver a self-branded experience, SAFE APPROACH is perfect for Open Houses & VIP Condo/Housing Events to help provide your prospects and clients an Safe, Comfortable, Exclusive Showing Experience.
Book your free, no-obligation demo and see how industry leaders are evolving to provide a premium experience.
We look forward to working with you in providing for the safety and comfort of your prospects and clients. firstname.lastname@example.org
|As of August 12, 2020, at 12:01 a.m., the Ontario government has lifted the prohibition on open houses for all regions in Ontario, with public health and workplace safety measures and restrictions in place.|
Based on the advice of the Chief Medical Officer of Health and other health experts, indoor gathering limits will also be increased to as many as 50 people, with social distancing measures in place.
Indoor gathering limits apply to events that are fully or partially indoors. Indoor events and gatherings cannot be combined with an outdoor event or gathering to increase the applicable gathering size.
What you need to know to stay safe during an open house
- During the Open House:Ask buyers or their representatives to make inquiries to screen for COVID-19.
- Record the name and contact information of each person who attended the open house to support effective contact tracing (to contact those who attended the open house in the event an infection is later identified).
- Consider requiring all clients to book an appointment in advance, wherever possible, for the purposes of physical distancing, flow management and contact tracing.
- Abide by a schedule and encourage consumers to wait for their turn by lining up while keeping two metres apart or waiting in their cars.
- Limit the number of individuals allowed into a home at one time based on the size of the property.
- Remind those attending to maintain physical distancing of at least two metres from people outside of their household or social circle.
|Based on community needs, some municipalities and local medical officers of health have exercised their authority for more restrictions or requirements, such as mandatory face coverings in commercial establishments or all indoor public spaces. Be sure to check your local public health unit’s or municipality’s website.|
For more information on the Province’s reopening framework, follow this link.
For more information on the latest industry updates related to COVID-19 and RECO’s operations, follow this link.